Have you ever had those intense thoughts you can’t shake?
The thoughts that stick to you as if they had been dunked into sticky glue, heated to the 9th degree, and adhered to your brain?
I feel like today my brain and emotions are in 2 camps- extreme exhaustion and nagging thoughts.
The thought that essentially boils down to this question: Am I ready?
Am I ready for Jesus? Have I built into HIS Kingdom or my own?
Being a business owner, there is alot to think about, do, projects to create, focusing on your “why”, making goals etc..These are awesome and fun and crazy and rewarding. However, I am reminded that all of these things are temporary. God’s kingdom is eternal.
Here are a few things for me to keep in mind:
1. A business, whether full-time or part-time is not your whole life.
2. The people you interact with are people God has a heart for. Be intential, be encouraging and seek to see them as God does.
3. Schedule time that invests in others, non-business related
4. Everything and I mean everything should be given to God in prayer.
5. Ask God for his agenda, and be flexible if he changes it.
6. Read the Bible. Seriously!!! If we want to be like Jesus, we need to draw close to him!!
7. Serve and invest in HIS kingdom!!
I want to be ready for Jesus to come. Come, Lord Jesus, come!!!!
1 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.
2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them,
4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps.
5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept.
6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’
7 Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’
9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’
10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.
11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’
12 But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour. – Matthew 25:1-13